A list of Nancy Drew books can help you sort through this collection of mystery stories. The series was first published in 1930, and many of the titles have been reworked or rewritten in newer editions.
Original List of Nancy Drew Books
The original series begins with The Secret of the Old Clock published in 1930 and ends with The Thirteenth Pearl published in 1979. The first 34 books were later released in updated versions between the years 1959 and 1975. The newer editions had 20 chapters rather than 25 chapters in each book.
Books Published in the 1930s
- The Secret of the Old Clock
- The Hidden Staircase
- The Bungalow Mystery
- The Mystery at Lilac Inn
- The Secret at Shadow Ranch
- The Secret of Red Gate Farm
- The Clue in the Diary
- Nancy's Mysterious Letter
- The Sign of the Twisted Candles
- The Password to Larkspur Lane
- The Clue of the Broken Locket
- The Message in the Hollow Oak
- The Mystery of the Ivory Charm
- The Whispering Statue
- The Haunted Bridge
- The Clue of the Tapping Heels
Books Published in the 1940s
- The Mystery of the Brass-Bound Trunk
- The Mystery at the Moss-Covered Mansion
- The Quest of the Missing Map
- The Clue in the Jewel Box
- The Secret in the Old Attic
- The Clue in the Crumbling Wall
- The Mystery of the Tolling Bell
- The Clue in the Old Album
- The Ghost of Blackwood Hall
Books Published in the 1950s
- The Clue of the Leaning Chimney
- The Secret of the Wooden Lady
- The Mystery at the Ski Jump
- The Clue of the Velvet Mask
- The Ringmaster's Secret
- The Scarlet Slipper Mystery
- The Witch Tree Symbol
- The Hidden Window Mystery
The following list of Nancy Drew Books is a collection of chapter books for girls that have not been rewritten but may have updated publications.
- The Clue of the Black Keys
- The Haunted Showboat
- The Secret of the Golden Pavilion
- The Clue in the Old Stagecoach
- The Mystery of the Fire Dragon
- The Clue of the Dancing Puppet
- The Moonstone Castle Mystery
- The Clue of the Whistling Bagpipes
- The Phantom of Pine Hill
- The Mystery of the 99 Steps
- The Clue in the Crossword Cipher
- The Spider Sapphire Mystery
- The Invisible Intruder
- The Mysterious Mannequin
- The Crooked Banister
- The Secret of Mirror Bay
- The Double Jinx Mystery
- Mystery of the Glowing Eye
- The Secret of the Forgotten City
- The Sky Phantom
- The Strange Message in the Parchment
- Mystery of Crocodile Island
- The Thirteenth Pearl
Newer Nancy Drew Stories
The original list of Nancy Drew books is complemented by a slew of 175 newer editions published between 1979 and 2003. The mystery stories for kids were released by three different publishers during this timespan.
- Volumes 57 through 78 were Wanderer hardcovers.
- Volumes 79 through 163 had the Minstrel imprint.
- Volumes 164 through 175 have the Aladdin imprint.
The Nancy Drew Files series featuring the sleuth were published between 1986 and 1997. The series has a 124 titles in its collection.
The newest incarnation of the mystery-solving character comes from Simon & Schuster in the Nancy Drew Girl Detective series. There are 44 titles in this series beginning with Without a Trace published in 2004 and ending with Sabotage, Surrender slated for publication in 2011.
Nancy Drew has an impressive history as an intriguing collection of stories that spans generations. Though written for girls aged 9 to 12 years old, many of the books have caught the attention of older, and younger, readers.